Monday, August 1, 2011

How are things lookin'?

Brandon and I took some pictures on our drive yesterday. They show a little scenery along the way, and they show what the terrain is like. Here they are:

1.  McCrea Bridge not quite 2 miles into the ride

2.  Roadside bystander waiting to give us some encouragement

3.  Beautiful meadows off to the south

4.  End of the pavement at the Clark County line

5.  Looking back at I.P. reservoir to the southeast
6. Old homestead about halfway between I.P. and Kilgore

7. Riding in the Wild Wild West -- sculpture at an interpretive rest stop/trailhead

8. Coming into Kilgore and paved road

9. Visiting the neighbors just past Kilgore

10. Looking back on a lengthy -- but not too steep -- climb on the Red Road

11. Downhill coast after the climb!

12. More downhill riding with the Sand Dunes and Parker coming up -- and Paul and Ellen Romrell driving down the road

13. Passing by the Sand Hills Resort

14. Straight shot in to St. Anthony just west of Parker

15. Coming in to St. Anthony and a well deserved rest

No comments:

Post a Comment