Hi all. I've got a confession to make. Please don't judge me too harshly as I get things off my chest. Today in church I got to thinking about the trip, and, well, I started thinking about how long it might take us to make "The Ride". In fact, I used the ward bulletin as a notepad to put together a bit of a timetable. It doesn't factor in break times or break downs (more about those some other time), but here it is:
average mph: approximate duration of trip:
6 11 hours
7 9.5 hours
8 8.5 hours
9 7.3 hours
10 6.6 hours (realistic)
11 6 hours (realistic)
12 5.5 hours (realistic)
13 5 hours
14 4.7 hours
15 4.4 hours
Please forgive my lack of spiritual focus and my unhealthy obsession with a bike ride.
I honestly think we can easily average 12 mph. The hills will obviously bring down the average but the down grades will more than make up for it. Once again to be honest, IMHO, I think you'd have to make a conscious effort to keep it down to 10 mph, just a comfortable pace will keep you around 12
ReplyDelete